add noise channel(s)

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

add noise channel(s)

Post by davidh »

Hi,
I tried to add only a locally little noise and happened to find that if the transformation Add Noise and Miscellaneous Tools Add Noise are both opened, after you add noise using Miscellaneous Tools, the combo box Channel(s) in the transformation dialog disappears and won't reappear until PWP restart.
I played with it a bit to discover more and also found that if you first apply noise using M tools, only then open the transformation Add Noise, press Ctrl+Z to remove the noise applied by the MT noise, it disappears together with the transformation combo box Channel(s).

Currently there is nothing under the option button in the M.Tools dialog Add Noise. It would be fine if the Miscellaneous Tools Add Noise also had the option to choose between channels and possibly method. I know that transformations are preferred tools but miscellaneous tools are sometimes faster and more precise for local treatment.

Now, talking about tuning for some future version, there seems to be a small inconvenience in the Color Curves dialog. If you work in histogram view and click lower Reset to cancel current channel setting, the view switches to Curve view but if you click upper reset to cancel all channels setting, the view remains in histogram view. I think the upper reset behavior is correct and reseting should not change the view (neither in the Brightness Curve). But if this is intentional, OK.

David