Advanced Sharpening not available any more in PWPro 5.0?

Moderator: jsachs

Jeanpierre

Advanced Sharpening not available any more in PWPro 5.0?

Post by Jeanpierre »

Maybe I overlooked something going from PWPro 4 to PWPro 5.0.1.2......but is it correct that the PWPro Advanced Sharpening function has been discontinued in PWPro 5.0, being replaced by "Bilateral Sharpen"?
Looking at the PWPro 5.0 feature list "Advanced sharpening"is still mentioned. It is however not available in the Transformation section in the PWPro 5.0.1.2 version and I miss a.o the noiss reduction and speck removal function.....

Do I miss something?

Jean-Pierre Roche
Andreas

Re: Advanced Sharpening not available any more in PWPro 5.0?

Post by Andreas »

There's Transformation/Sharpen, and Transformation/Advanced Sharpen... it should be there!
Jeanpierre

Post by Jeanpierre »

Tx Andreas for your reply, i.e confirmation that Advanced Sharpening is still a 5.0 function.

However My 5.0 version has Transformation/Sharpen and then Transformation/Text.... no Advanced in between as you would suspect....

You can imagine I have looked for it now for more then I do not know how many times, to convince myself that I"m not crazy.... :-)

I hope either Kiril or else Jonathan can explain this? Maybe something to do with the conversion from 4 to 5??
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Sounds like you downloaded the standard and not the pro version.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Jeanpierre

Post by Jeanpierre »

What can i say......man's mind can sometimes be his worst enemie......

Tx Jonathan, I can imagine that now and then you and your team will have a specific opinion of "your users"......

I hope that these kind of "human errors" at least can contribute to some humor amongst yourselfs while working.......