EXIF/ IPTC removal

Moderator: jsachs

mjdl
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nokia N8-00

If you are using Windows 10 Re: EXIF/ IPTC removal

Post by mjdl »

If you use the Windows 10 File Explorer, the Details tab of the Properties dialog has a link at the bottem Remove Properties and Personal Information which opens another dialog that allows total or selective removal of metadata items, see attached screenshot. It also work on TIFF images.

I've not checked if the JPEG removal affects the image data itself, but as the metadata are in separate sections of the JPEG file structure, there would be no need to touch image data to remove metadata.

UPDATE: For doing bulk metadata removal, the Windows File Explorer is scarcely convenient. A quick Internet search located JPEG & PNG Stripper, which seems to fit the bill, i.e. small utility, no installation required, and free. I haven't tried it, though.
Attachments
Windows_10_JPG_Metadata.png
Windows_10_JPG_Metadata.png (137.27 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
davidh

Re: EXIF/ IPTC removal

Post by davidh »

Mjdl,
I do not yet have Win10. Somehow I think it is still too early. I have used the Stripper a few times, as I mentioned in my initial entry. But to be honest, I like the idea to do as much as possible within a single compact application, and no doubt PWP it that application. Thanks anyway for the tip.

David