transformation dialogs vanishing

Moderator: jsachs

madhg

transformation dialogs vanishing

Post by madhg »

I normally work with image-browser (IB) in a narrow strip at the left. When using a transformation, sometimes when I click the title bar to move the dialog out of the way, the dialog closes. Of course I can get it back by double-clicking the thumbnail in the IB, so it's not a big deal. It happens only when (but not always when) the dialog overlaps the IB and I click on a part of the dialog title-bar that is over the IB.

This minor problem appears in the last few versions, up to 8.0.232. I normally work on images at most 3000x4000. Some system details:

Device name Acer2018Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
Device ID A0E6B4EF-E6AE-4D05-B1BD-60E2FE9F704F
Product ID 00325-96276-33805-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎16/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19042.1110
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
jsachs

Re: transformation dialogs vanishing

Post by jsachs »

My guess is that you are accidentally clicking on the minimize button near the upper right corner of the transformation dialog box. In this case, you can get it back by clicking on its icon in the task bar. This feature lets you temporarily hide the dialog box if it gets in the way.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
madhg

Post by madhg »

Thanks for the suggestion, Jonathan. I'll bear it in mind, and if the problem happens again, will try to reproduce it and take a screenshot just before clicking.
madhg

Post by madhg »

Now I see what's going on. It happens when I have clicked on the image or the image background, so that the dialog is not selected and its title bar goes white. See attachment. Then clicking on a part of the title bar which is over an image in the image browser makes the dialog vanish. Clicking anywhere else on the dialog selects it, and its title bar gets its colour back.

The click seems to go "through" the white title bar and click on to the image browser. Anyway, I now know how to avoid it.

Thanks for your prompt input - your suggestion made me to look more carefully into the problem.
Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (149.76 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Another way to make a transformation dialog box disappear is to accidentally click on the image browser which will generally close the transformation dialog box and select a new image.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The issue you are describing appears to be specific to certain transformations, and it is not supposed to work that way. I am working on tracking down the problem and fixing it for all the affected transformations.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I eventually tracked down the cause of the disappearing dialog boxes as a side-effect of a June-25 update that added the feature where hovering over an image browser thumbnail displayed its full caption as a tool tip. For the next release, I have removed this feature, at least for now, and that fixes the problem.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
madhg

Post by madhg »

Great, thank you Jonathan.
best wishes,
David