Logo and Composite/Watermark/Blend

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Logo and Composite/Watermark/Blend

Post by tomczak »

I haven't used Composite for a while, and recently I had a bunch of images that required being 'stamped' with different logos. The idea is simple: take a main image, take a logo image, overlay logo on the main image (possibly with a mask) while adjusting the logo size and position.

I tried Blend, but the images need to be the same size. I tried Watermark, but I can't adjust the position. So I used Composite, which works, but I couldn't figure out a graceful way of doing it: Shift-Ctrl works for translating the position of the logo image, but I needed to use 2-point alignment to scale the logo, which also can rotate it (which I didn't want). I found myself fiddling with two alignment points in turn to resize the logo and keep it straight... There must be a better way - is there?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Re: Logo and Composite/Watermark/Blend

Post by tomczak »

Also, when using the Shit-Ctrl mouse to move the overlay image around, I got an error message - I believe I tried to move the overlay image beyond the bounds of the Input Image.
Attachments
2021-06-20_111526.png
2021-06-20_111526.png (544.82 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

There is one more observation that came up when I was doing it. When I wanted to save Workspace Script with Image Copies, a popup window appeared asking for image format and/or JPG compression rate (which is great). Choosing the format and closing the popup, causes another popup to show up (with Uncompressed TIFF by default regardless of previous choice). I deduced that the popup windows are for each image in the workspace being saved in turn - but I didn't know which one, and also it took me a while to understand (correctly?) that this is what's happening.
Attachments
2021-06-20_113601.png
2021-06-20_113601.png (314.91 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Watermark should let you move the logo image around as it displays a rectangle overlay on the input image with a control point in the center.

Under File Preferences, you can set the file type via the Save Script Images As setting. For the next release, if Save Script Images As is set to Ask, the popup dialog box has the name of the transformation in its title bar so you know which image it is asking about.

I tried to produce an error by moving the overlay image outside the input image in Composite but was unable to reproduce the problem. From the screen shot, it looks like the problem was that the two control points were coincident which would otherwise cause a divide by zero in the mapping.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Thanks, the Watermak does what I wanted easily - I didn't realize it was movable.

Under File Preferences, you can set the file type via the Save Script Images As setting. For the next release, if Save Script Images As is set to Ask, the popup dialog box has the name of the transformation in its title bar so you know which image it is asking about.

This is also great. That may be asking for too much, but if the Save Script Images As is set to Ask, and there are several images involved in the Workspace, would it be possible for the subsequent images to remember previous choice (or have an option to apply the same image file format to all of them)? I guess it is likely that the user would like to save all Workspace images in the same format?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

I've been playing with Watermark for the same purpose - placing a logo or another image on the Input image. Please see the two screenshots.

I can position the 'logo' easily if there is no mask. But if there is a mask, I don't know how to do that anymore.
Attachments
2021-06-20_223231.png
2021-06-20_223231.png (320.5 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
2021-06-20_223326.png
2021-06-20_223326.png (414.49 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

To get the input image back, click on the Watermark thumbnail in the image browser. To get the watermark image back, click on its small thumbnail next to the Watermark thumbnail.

For the next release, I am reworking several of the transformations like Watermark to have something similar to the In/Ov buttons in Composite to make it easier to switch which input image is displayed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color