Edit - Move Up over a Splitter

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Edit - Move Up over a Splitter

Post by davidh »

I failed to use Edit - Move Up the Clone Tool transformation over a splitter box. However it is possible to copy the Clone transformation upstream over a splitter box. The command is grayed and inaccesible.

I found it when I mistakenly cloned the branch above the Clone transformation instead of below it and then tried to push it up one step.
jsachs

Re: Edit - Move Up over a Splitter

Post by jsachs »

Which command is grayed out and inaccessible? Are you referring to the Edit/Move Up command?

I intentionally made it impossible to move a transformation up past a splitter as there can be complications, although it could be implemented with some extra work. As you say, you can copy a transformation up past the splitter and then delete the original.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Yes, I was referring to the Edit/Move Up command. If it is inaccessible intentionally, it is OK, no need to change it. I just mentioned it in case it was somehow "forgotten" or something.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

For the next release, moving an image up past a splitter is supported. Moving an image down past a splitter is still not supported since there is no way to know which side branch the image belongs on. You can of course copy an image past a splitter and then delete the original.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I think moving an image only up past a splitter is sufficient. I my opinion the need to make a transformation from one branch common and shared by all branches below the splitter arises more often than the other way round.

Now, when I come to think of "the other way round", moving an image down past a splitter also could mean inserting the transformation to ALL branches below the splitter with the idea to set each of them differently after that. This would solve the question of the target branch.