Additions?

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Additions?

Post by den »

Notes/Comments can be added to Transform Scripts, Workflow Scripts, and Workspace Scripts after the scripts have been saved to PWP8's Settings or Image Folders?

These Notes/Comments will not interfere with the execution of the scripts if properly placed in the previously saved script file in any Setting or Image Folders.

In brief:

1)...Open a previously saved script with Notepad.

2)...Begin a Note/Comment line with the character, # , at its beginning using Notepad with UTF-8 encoding. Any thing after this character for that line is ignored and not executed.

3)...Every Note/Comment line requires this character at its beginning. Even a 'carriage return' for a blank line with no text used to separate Notes/Comments paragraphs for readability.

4)...re-Save the edited script using UTF-8 encoding.

Important: These Notes/Comments lines need to be place after the end of a script command paragraph.

For examples: download/open/extract the attached <*.zip> file in this post: https://www.dl-c.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 643#p10643

...den...
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Thanks, that's an idea. I feel it's a little complex though - I mean both taking the notes and then reading them. For example, I tried your Vibrance Masks.masks settings script. If I open the script with a text editor, it's all there.

I can imagine going through the trouble of writing comments at the end of the script/settings if it's something important, but then I need to read it - I tried, but I don't think the Image Info/Command displays comments, so the only way I can think of is to find the Masks Settings file again, open it in a text editor, and read/edit/save it back again. I wish there was an easier way...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It was fairly easy to add a comment field to every transformation that you can view/edit via the same dialog box you use to edit the caption.

What I am still struggling with is a mechanism for displaying comment automatically or via some icon you click if a comment is present.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

I'm not sure if I'm helping, but maybe adding something like an asterisk, for example, to eg. the transformation's number in front of the name (edited or not) could indicate that the comment field is not empty to entice the user to open Change Name dialog and check would be enough?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

A problem with this method is that the comments are lost when you save a new version of a script file that originally had embedded comments.

I added a comment facility for the next release -- should upload tomorrow.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color