Bug fix release 3-Aug-2019

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 3-Aug-2019

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (3-Aug-2019).

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Fixed recently introduced problems with Quick Pick.

Started converting transformation dialog boxes so they can preserve text and control sizes when dragged between monitors with different scale factors. It will take me a while to work my way through the list in approximately alphabetical order. So far, the following have been converted: Add Border, Add Texture, Adjust, Advanced Sharpen, Line and Arrow, Bilateral Sharpen, Blend, Brightness Curve.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Bug fix release 3-Aug-2019

Post by MarkT »

Confirmed, quick pick is back to normal, thank you. I'm running two monitors in the same DPI, so I don't see any problems with the transformation windows...

However, I notice now that the Image Browser window is registered as a separate "window", I'm able to Alt+Tab to it among the open applications. Since I have it and any transformation windows open in the 2nd monitor, if I open any other app in the 2nd window, the image browser is hidden behind, but when I click on the main PWP window the image browser remains hidden. Transformation windows pop back up to the front, but I need to manually select the image browser to make it visible.

I'm pretty sure this is a new behaviour.
jsachs

Re: Bug fix release 3-Aug-2019

Post by jsachs »

I did make that change although at this point I don't remember exactly why. I just switched it back and everything seems to work OK so I will leave it switched back for now. No doubt if there is a problem someone will stumble on it sooner or later.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color