Clone default settings and Missing source image message

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Clone default settings and Missing source image message

Post by davidh »

1. open and image

2. add Clone, load a source image, do some cloning and save the settings as defaults -> you get the message that auxiliary images will be omitted for the default setting, which is OK

3. click Clone OK

4. reopen the Clone and click Reset -> nothing happens -
if auxiliary images were ignored for the default settings, I would expect Reset to clear the source image from the icon, undo cloning, undo the dependency and close the half-sized icon next to Clone, as it always happens when there are no default settings saved
Since the cloning was not undone, it looks as if not only the input image is part of the default, but also the cloning strokes.

5. click Clear Default settings and then click Reset -> the cloning gets undone, the half-sized source icon is closed, etc. , after first clearing the defaults it works

I hope I have not got it wrong up to now.

6. set and save again some new defaults including a source image, click OK

7. close the Clone image but leave its the source image in the branch

8. go to Menu or use Quick Pick and add Clone transformation again -> you get the message Missing Source image, this seems to confirm that the source image was not omitted from the default settings

9. click the error message (twice) it until Clone dialog opens, go to Source image icon and expand the list - the source image is not red highlighted,
again it looks like the default says there is a link (created in step 6), but it was broken when the Clone image was closed (step 7)
jsachs

Re: Clone default settings and Missing source image message

Post by jsachs »

I will check this out later. It is taking longer than I expected to make the high DPI changes.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color