Changing Save Workspace default to prevent unwanted overwriting

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Changing Save Workspace default to prevent unwanted overwriting

Post by davidh »

For some future consideration

1. create a branch and save it to script
2. double-click the top level image, use Select file and load another image - most often a one suited for the same transformation process
3. make or not some additing and when finished select Script - Save Workspace Script...
4. you get the Save Workspace? box with the default Option save with the workspace name... box

But what you want at this moment is the option Ask for Workspace to save. So you select it and click OK.
Now arrives a problem between the chair and the mouse. If you miss the radio button without noticing it and click OK, you overwrite the previous script.
If you do this method often, you from time to time miss the correct option and overwrite an existing script.

The same could happen if you use Clone Entire branch command, load another image, close the original branch and after some edditing you want to save the script with a different name.

It is a question of whether users prefer to save repeatedy the workspace under the same name as the work goes on, or whether they tend to save versions of the workspace, and also if they use File Open or Clone Entire branch functions to duplicate workspaces in a similar way I do.

I would vote for making the Ask for Workspace option to be the default.
Of course another way out might be to check if a script with the same name already exists and ask for confirmation to overwrite it.
jsachs

Re: Changing Save Workspace default to prevent unwanted overwriting

Post by jsachs »

For the next release, I made the default to ask for a pathname when loading or saving workspace scripts.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Changing Save Workspace default to prevent unwanted overwriting

Post by davidh »

Thanks. Good new for the chair and mouse team. :)