Using the Key + with a profile-converted image

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Using the Key + with a profile-converted image

Post by davidh »

Color management = off

A. On Profile Mismatch = Ask on Mismatch

1. Open an image and confirm the Profile Conversion
2. Press the key +
3. The "Confirm Profile Conversion" box is redisplayed
4. Click the Cancel button
5. The original image disappears and a new red thumbnail with Error" msg is added to the branch.
6. Dblclick on the red thumbnail opens the "Replace Existing File" box
7. Click on the Cancel button restores both the image and the new thumbnail

Additional findings:

Closing a thumbnail and then its branch label reopens the "Confirm Profile Conversion" box and you are back at the step 3

If you click OK instead of Cancel at the step 4, the original image just disappears with no error thumbnail.

If the loaded image does not need a profile conversion, the image just disappears after the Key + is pressed and a new thumbnail is added to the branch.

------
B. On Profile Mismatch = Convert or Don't Convert

The original image just disappears after the Key + is pressed and a new thumbnail is added to the branch.
No problem with closing of the thumbnails
-------

Conclusion:

The problem seems to be connected to the cancelled profile conversion with Ask on Mismatch set up.

I wonder why the original image always disappears or is hidden after Key + is pressed. To display the new copy of an image it needs to click at its newly added thumbnail.
jsachs

Re: Using the Key + with a profile-converted image

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for pointing this out -- it looks like I have some things to clean up in this area. I see several problems...

With color management off, it should not be asking to perform profile conversion at all.

Canceling out of the profile conversion dialog box is generating a error that should be reported better and it should fail more gracefully.

Cloning the image probably should not require asking a second time for the profile conversion - it should just do whatever it did the first time. Then it would work OK the same as when it doesn't ask.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color