Wacom Tablet and Pen

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Wacom Tablet and Pen

Post by Marpel »

I have an older Wacom Tablet/Pen (Intouos 3) that I have used successfully with prior versions of PWP, although I only use the pen for basic drawing of masks and paint tool and it worked quite fine for my purposes.

With the beta version, however, I have encountered an issue that I can't seem to correct. This issue was not present in any of the prior versions of PWP nor do I encounter it in Photoshop CS6(64).

When I try to place the pen tip on the tablet and start a line, there is a momentary lapse where the pen in my hand moves but the line on the screen hesitates then jumps forward to catch up. Once the line has proceeded beyond that start, it operates normally until I lift it and try to do the same thing again. This hesitation becomes quite aggravating, especially when I am close to something that I don't wish to draw into/over as the hesitation makes it hard to gauge the initial pen progress. If I touch the pen tip to the tablet and hold it there for a second to let the operation sync before drawing a line, the dialogue box that is normally associated to a right click, shows up (zoom in/out etc). The pen preference is set up so touching the tip is the same as a single click, not a double click, so not sure what is happening there either.

Anyone with a pen/tablet encountering this issue?

Has PWP 7 changed anything that may relate to pen/tablet use?

Win 7(64) 8gb ram.

Thanks,

Marv
HanSch
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K5, Pentax K3 Mk. iii

Re: Wacom Tablet and Pen

Post by HanSch »

I use a Wacom Graphire 3, but I don't experience anything of what you describe.
I had a lot of issues with the tablet/pen in relation to Windows 7 (you might remember the thread in the PW Support forum from November last year), that have been resolved. No new issues with PWP 7.