Clone did not apply the last steps

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Clone did not apply the last steps

Post by davidh »

I cloned off a small part of the image in several steps,
clicked OK, added a few more transformations and saved the workspace script to continue with it later.

When I later loaded the workspace script, I found that a few of the last cloning touches were missing - they were not saved or rather applied on loading the script, as proves the following step.
So I repeated one of the missing touches then undid it and suddenly the all missing final touches were reapplied - adding a new touch, any touch, and undoing it somehow made the missing touches, to be reapplied from the script. Undoing itself does no help, add and undo is necessary.

However when I clicked OK, saved the script under a different name and reloaded it again, the situation was the same - last cloning steps were missing.

Currently I am not able to finalize and preserve the cloning by saving and loading the script.
jsachs

Re: Clone did not apply the last steps

Post by jsachs »

Can you email me a copy of the save script file and a jpeg of the image you were cloning?

jsachs@dl-c.com

Is it possible you undid the last couple of strokes just before clicking OK?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Clone did not apply the last steps

Post by davidh »

Jonathan, I am sorry but I have already removed the clone step from the branch and cropped off the part I was intended to clone off as it was just at a very margin of the image.

However, as I was trying to find out more about the problem, I created a completely new workspace and I found the following misbehaviour:

- use Darken only + Linked and do something
- switch to Lighten only and so something
- undo Last operation
- now the Mode still shows Lighten only but you will be darkening

Though this will not be the root cause, perhaps it might help a bit as a clue.

>>Is it possible you undid the last couple of strokes just before clicking OK?<<

No it is not. Though I did several undoes during cloning I am sure that when I clicked OK, the cloning was finished. By the way, as I already wrote, I saved the workspace to different scripts and tried to finish the cloning there, but it never helped.

If I encounter the problem again, I will save the script and email it to you with the jpeg.