PWP Seminar(s)

Moderator: jsachs

bbodine9

Re: PWP Seminar(s)

Post by bbodine9 »

Mark,

Your videos were great! Even though I have had the program quite a while you really helped me understand the masking and composite features so much better than I have so far on my own. Something about video presentations really works for me. If you had the time to make some more videos it would really be helpful to me and others I am sure. Thanks again for the great tutuorials.

Bruce
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Thank you Bruce, you're very kind. I've been wanting to get back to this project, and now that Version 6 has arrived I will have to carve out some "free" time to produce a couple of new videos.

I'm open to suggestions for topics.

Mark
bbodine9

Post by bbodine9 »

Mark,

Could you possibly produce a video going through the raw converter screen and all of the various tools to produce the best raw file. Maybe you could also demonstrate some of the other masking tools available. Those would both be helpful to me.

Thanks,

Bruce
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

MarkT wrote:Hi Kieth,

Since you asked, I made a couple of video tutorials a few years ago (PWP ver 4) that may also serve as examples:

http://www.picturetheweb.com/ptw/downlo ... nloads.htm (see "Mask Basics" and "Composite")

I used Camtasia Studio to make the videos, and have been trying to find the time to make more up-to-date versions. I'm sure between the forum members we could come up with a more complete library of tutorials.

A "webinar" would be more of a "in real time" experience, I think. I don't know about the technical side of things, but if anyone could make a suggestion as to how to produce such a thing, I think it would be fun to interact with a group on a schedule.
Wonderful. The "color range" part made it very clear to me, thanks.

Even short video's can help a lot.
aloomens

Post by aloomens »

MarkT wrote:Thank you Bruce, you're very kind. I've been wanting to get back to this project, and now that Version 6 has arrived I will have to carve out some "free" time to produce a couple of new videos.

I'm open to suggestions for topics.

Mark
Thank you!!! That explained the color range selection for masks perfectly. I knew it should be fairly easy to use and powerful, but I was not able to grasp completely it from just reading. I hope you are able to do more similar videos.
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Thanks for your approval Alain and aloomens... I will get started on some new videos and let you all know when they are ready. Since the idea was to perhaps start building a resource library of sorts, I will review the "Picture Window Tips" section of the Board and try to include suggestions already made in text form. If anyone cares to offer assistance or collaboration you can contact me directly via contact info on my web site.

Cheerio for now

Mark
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

When I take a quick look at from where the users here are from, spread all over the world, it may be complicated just from the time situation to find a hour where all (most) intersted can join a life webinar.
One sleeps while the other is at work and for the third it would be just perfect webinar time.
Mark, your videos are great, thank you for the work you have invested!
What do you think? Let's make a list of themes that are of interest and see if there are others that can make a video about this theme, maybe ?
The next question would be then where to put them, to have them in a place together.
Dieter Mayr
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Marpel... a face to face for at least a lunch would seem in order as we are probably within an hour's driving time of each other and it has been awhile since my wife and I have been to Fort Langley to take photos/visit second hand stores... but perhaps we should wait until the snow melts!!!!

Contact info: http://www.ncplus.net/~birchbay/Contact.htm

Anyone else in the Seattle,WA USA or Vancouver, BC Canada (Vancouver Island -- Sunshine Coast [MaciejT???]) areas is welcome to make contact as well... ...Sorry dvhirst, I don't get down to Portland or Eugene, OR areas...

...den...

Edit:... ...Unfortunately, I am not set up to do/receive videos easily... I am on a 56K modem because of my rural location near the end of a noisy phone line with no DSL and the cable company wants a small fortune for their service... ... hence the written tutorials and rather detailed message board posts... ...If there is something that is not clear... be sure to ask!!!
Last edited by den on January 20th, 2012, 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

MarkT wrote:Thanks for your approval Alain and aloomens... I will get started on some new videos and let you all know when they are ready. Since the idea was to perhaps start building a resource library of sorts, I will review the "Picture Window Tips" section of the Board and try to include suggestions already made in text form. If anyone cares to offer assistance or collaboration you can contact me directly via contact info on my web site.

Cheerio for now

Mark
Great
tombriggs

Post by tombriggs »

Count me in for a webinar ... other sites and product lines have done this with great success.