Gradient: closing input does not close the dialog

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Gradient: closing input does not close the dialog

Post by davidh »

load an image start Gradient, any method

close the input image using "Close the current image button" -> the preview thumbnail gets closed along with the input image but the Gradient dialog stays open and the big preview as well (using "Close the current image and all the images that depend on it" closes also the big preview)

An attempt to close the dialog or just a click on it often brings PWP down

If the input image is has already been closed and there is another image in the browser, closing this image closes also the dialog even though they are not linked to each other.
jsachs

Re: Gradient: closing input does not close the dialog

Post by jsachs »

Are you using 12-Apr release? I am not seeing the problem here and it could have been caused by one the last bugs I fixed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alpha 14-Apr

Open an image
Start Multipoint Gradient
Closing input image closes both the input and the output thumbnails and the big input, the dialog stays open. Click on OK closes the dialog and the big output and gives the error message: Error: Illegal input image type.

Open an image
Click OK
Close the input thumbnail using "Close the current image" -> both input and output thumbnails are closed but not the big output. It is there without the corresponding thumbnail.

The same happenes with the other Gradient methods.

And a newly discovered problem with Adjust Brightness HSL or HSV operations:

Open an image
select Adjust Brightness HSL or HSV -> it shows multipoint gradient status bar and freezes
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I seem to be missing something.

When you say "Open an image" I assume you mean via File Open. When I try to reproduce this problem I don't get the option to close just the current image when I try to close the input image that was opened with File Open, so the problem never comes up.

If you create another image between the File Open and the Gradient and try to close it, then you get both options, but closing just the intermediate image seems to work OK.

I fixed the Adjust Brightness bug for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color