Hard to See Cursor

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Hard to See Cursor

Post by Robert Schleif »

In parts of some images I have a very hard time seeing the cursor. The cursor in PWP 7 could be seen more easily. Could its behavior be implemented in PWP 8?
jsachs

Re: Hard to See Cursor

Post by jsachs »

Which cursor do you have trouble seeing? The arrow cursor, the cross cursor, the hand cursor, ...

Some of the standard cursors can be changed from the Mouse control panel.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

For me, the "cross" cursor. I believe Windows calls it the Precision Select pointer in the Control Panel -- but I did not see a helpful adjustment to it there.'
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The cross cursor is a custom cursor and is identical to the one in PWP 7 -- it can be hard to see if the image has a random texture and especially on a large monitor. I modified the cross cursor for the next release to make it a little more visible against certain backgrounds.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Likely you have already improved it. If this is any help: the cursor that I've had troubles with is, as mentioned above, the cross consisting of white and black pixels. This is used in, for example, the bilateral sharpen and brightness curve transformations. Against light backgrounds it is very hard to see. The analogous cursor used in the brightness curve transformation in PWP 7 is quite easy to see.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I did some checking and PWP 7 had two similar cross cursors, one of which was more visible than the other. I copied the more visible one over to PWP 8 and use it for both.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color